1. We withdraw in crowds.
2. Small talk stresses us out, while deeper conversations makes us feel alive.
3. We succeed on stage — just not in the chit-chat afterwards.
4. We get distracted easily, but rarely feel bored.
5. We are naturally drawn to more creative, detail-oriented and solitary careers.
6. When surrounded by people, we locate themselves close to an exit.
7. We think before they speak.
8. We don’t take on the mood of their environment like extroverts do.
9. We physically can’t stand talking on the phone.
10. We literally shut down when it’s time to be alone.
“Solitude matters, and for some people, it is the air that they breathe.” – Susan Cain